Leisurely Ragtime Leisurely Ragtime

Nice

I love the audio, and the animation to it.
To ExcaliburX: I think the track is called Carried Away from Bassnectar.

Krinkels responds:

Your think correctly, sir.

Madness: Deus Ex Machina Madness: Deus Ex Machina

Wow

All I can say is... you blew me away...

Amazing!

You can not kill Hank You can not kill Hank

Err

The random meatspin was just... random... But I really liked how you put your own style into this. Fast, brutal, madness... just how I like it!

5/5

Joowna - Happiness (prev) Joowna - Happiness (prev)

z3ta for the win! :P

Jammer dat je in meer van je liedjes van de standaard voorgebouwde melodies gebruik maakt die in z3ta zitten :P Voor de rest klinkt het wel lekker hoor ;)

Joowna responds:

idd,

ik weet wel beter zo langzamerhand :P

Domination -r Domination -r

Ace! :)

Ok, how to put this in a constructive manner...

First of all, this being your first self-authored, non-covered / remixed hardstyle track, I think you did a very good job.

But... I want to give you some critisism, which I'm sure you won't mind ;)
At first, the 'afterbeat' (the bass-'hump' that follows every kick) sounded a bit off. It was getting to a point where it started getting annoying, until suddenly at 1:10 it popped into right feeling. Before 1:10 it sounded a bit too 'staccato' if you know what I mean. You want more 'legato' (laid-back, more stretched, not-choppy), like how it sounded after 1:10.

The bassline melody was really good, and at 1:10 I got a more 'hardstyle feeling'. At 1:25 you really got it going. Maybe a different lead synth but the overal picture was very pleasing. Around 2:00 you switched back to the intro-style melody. Somehow it sounded to me you wanted to cram two never-finished hardstyle pieces you made together. Somehow they did not mix and match properly, although I must admit your efforts to do so are noticable. If I stop being a dickhead for a few seconds, you did an excellent job.

One other advice I'd like to give you is when you want to make a proper build-up, climax, build-down, use more staccato melodies in the intro and outro (bells-like melodies always do the trick for me), while in the climax you want to use very legato and RAW sounding synths. Maybe halfway into the climax add an upper and a lower octave of the same melody, so that halfway into the climax it gets even more intense and gets a 'fuller body'.

Build up from 0:00 to 0:52 or 1:20 (when you're at 140-145 BPM, depends on how many bars you wanna use for your intro). Try using 2 or 4 bars break before ramming us into your climax :) Like using that piano sample you did before the outro. If you stick that infront of your climax you get a buildup-silence-climax style track :)

Love to hear more from you ;)

Rawrthaas responds:

Of course I don't mind criticism! Yeah, like you know this is really the first time I've done hardstyle (other than that really old and shitty remix of that one song), and I pretty much had to throw away my DnB influence I put on nearly every track. So it was almost a completely new experience. Almost.

Definitely more hardstyle in the future.

Alek Száhala - Alanarama (rmx) Alek Száhala - Alanarama (rmx)

Free your mind

This track reminded me of Mario Lopez - Free Your Mind. I tried to YouTube it, but it doesn't seem to have the remix I am talking about. I have it on vinyl for my turntables. It's sad the remix isn't on YouTube because the original and club versions have kind of weak melodies compared to the remix I am talking about ;)